Wednesday, November 12, 2014

Slip Sliding Away

October steamrolled right through Halloween into November, and suddenly, it is mid-November. Less than 5 months to go and my pile of "before 60" things has not shrunk. Not much anyway. I applied to be a speaker at a TEDx conference. Check. I applied for a scholarship for the AATH conference. Check. I won't hear the decisions about those items for a while, but the checklist is to do things I can control. Applying was under my control. After that, whatever happens is up to the universe. Or at least the Selection Committees.

Life is winding up in the bullpen to come out and pitch me some curve balls soon. I know they are coming, I cannot control their arrival or their repercussions. All I can do is put on my batting helmet and step up to the plate.

And yes, a good baseball metaphor helps get me through some of the roughest things life can throw at me. Batter Up!

No comments:

Post a Comment